Issues in printer is an inevitable thing, whether you use the printer on personal or professional level. You will most likely encounter issues from time to time. One such error is “printer offline error”. In this error , the printer fails to connect with the available network that causes great stress. However, you can get rid of this by performing some effective hacks.
However, a printer showing “Offline” error can also be triggered due to the printer driver or software. Hence, check your printer drivers for the updates.
Before you jump to the solution for HP Printer says offline error, you must know the reasons why this error arises.
Why Does My HP Printer Goes Offline
The reasons for Offline printer mode can be technical which indicate the sign of servicing the printer or it can occur due to common issues such as cables being disconnected. Let’s have a look at some of the basic roots which hamper your printer.
- Driver issue: The outdated printer driver can be the origin of why the HP printer is offline. If the driver has become obsolete, the user needs to update the driver on an immediate basis. You can update your driver by visiting the official HP website just by following the simple procedure.
- Poor USB connection: The USB is responsible for the connection between the printer and the computer device. A Poor USB connection impedes the connectivity between both. Hence, it leads to the HP printer shows offline error.
- Internet problem: Internet connectivity play a major role while performing any printing or other activities in printer especially in Wireless devices. A poor internet connection can lead to the discussed error. To get rid of it try to restart your internet router, it will help to re-establish the connection.
Troubleshoot HP Printer Offline Error
If your HP Printer gets offline, you should check the network connectivity and update the printer drivers. This will helps to resolve this issue. But if issue stands still perform the below-given steps to troubleshoot it completely.
- Start the device to which the HP printer is linked. Don’t do anything with the printer device as it already in Offline mode
- Tap once on the Start menu.
- Now Tap on “Devices and Printers.” option
- Click the icon for the HP printer. Where the status shows “Offline,” click on the “Offline” and after clicking the “Printer” option a window will pop-up. Now uncheck the “Use Printer Offline” option.
Some Hacks to Fix HP Printer Offline Issue
Reset Your Printer:
If you are facing any issue with your HP printer, you can try to turn it off, reset and use it again. Resetting is the solution to a number of issues, especially printer offline issues. This can be done in a few easy steps, all you need to do is:
- Press and hold the power button for few minutes and wait for the printer to turn-off completely.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Now, plug the printer and hold the power button to turn on the device.
- Let the printer reboot completely and try to print a document.
- If it starts working, issues are fixed.
The moment your HP printer goes offline, you need to check the connections immediately. Make sure printers are connected properly to the wall socket and there is no loose cable. If you are using a USB cable to join the network connection, check the USB port has a fine grip on the wire. For those who are using a wireless connection, must check that the connection is working at its best. Resetting the router and network settings can do the job for you. If the network is working slow, call your ISP to fix it right away and printing without a network is an impossible thing to do.
Set The Default Printer:
It is important to make sure your device is sending the printing jobs to the right network. To ensure this, you need to check the “default printer
setting on your device. Go to Start menu and search for “Devices and Printers”. Click right on the printer and then “set as default printer”. For Apple users, tap on the “Apple” icon and then select “System preferences” which is followed by “Printers and scanners”. Right-click on the sidebar of the printer and then “set as default printer”.
Remove Virus or Malware:
The presence of viruses and malware on your device can cause various issues on your device. It is important to remove virus and malware using a strong antivirus which can work on stubborn malware in an effective manner.
Remove All Pending Print Jobs
- From the menu which shows “See what’s printing” right-click on it and “Cancel” print jobs if any available.
- After that, click on the “Use Printer Online” again.
- In case any print jobs stay, try to reset both your PC and printer.
A printer that is offline sometimes needs basic troubleshooting. So, it is advisable to fix the paper jam or job stuck issues. If the printer is getting offline, ink toner can be empty and reset, this can resolve the problem in no time.