HP provides an excellent range of printers which have the inbuilt scanner. It is a low-cost solution to fulfill the printing and scanning need in single device. The HP printers are well-known for effortlessly scanning the high-resolution images. A user can edit, share or use the scanned images in various ways. Usually, scanning is the process of turning the paper copies into the digital ones, completely contrary to what a printer does. Scanning and printing is two different processes but HP makes it possible in a single device. HP printers have the best scanning ability and give effortless printing and scanning at the same time. However, errors in scanner is very common and often come on regular intervals. Scanning issues in HP printer is one of them and not if resolved on time , it can hamper your device’s performance. You can opt for the HP customer support number for professional help.
If suddenly you come across with HP printer scanning issue; here below is the troubleshooting guide to resolve this error.
Start with HP Print and Scan doctor:
HP provides an inbuilt tool to fix the technical errors with your device. Generally, it is designed to resolve the printing and scanning faults. You can simply download and install this software and initiate the scanning process on the HP computing device. It will identify the troubled area automatically.
- First, download and install the software
- Now Start with scanning,
- If the scanner won’t help then go to the solution.
Uninstall the HP printer:
If the above method miss the mark to fix the error, you may require to uninstall the printer, to do so follow below-given steps:
- Disconnect the USB cable from your device and printer to detach the connection
- Navigate to the Programs and features.
- Now select your HP printer model and click on Uninstall.
- Click Yes.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to remove the printer program.
- Now restart your device.
Restart your device:
Reboot your devices both printer and computer after installing devices.
- Press and hold the Power key to shut down your printer.
- Quit all the programs open in the background and restart your device.
- Start your printer.
- Start scanning again.
Download the latest drivers for your scanner:
Drivers control the smooth performance of your HP printer on your device. By performing below given steps you can update your drivers.
- Set on your printer.
- Disconnect the USB cable of your device which connects to the printer.
- While trying to install the printer’s drivers, you will be prompted to attach the USB cable again.
- Now go to https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers to install particular drivers.
- If you see the let’s identify your product to the started page, select your printer model.
- Now give the name, type, and model number for your printer and click Submit button
- Click Change to and select the version of your operating system.
- Now tap on download in the driver’s
- While installing, ensure you choose Typical or Recommended installation-type.
Above mentioned methods are the best universal ways to troubleshoot printer isn’t scanning issue. If you are looking for more troubleshooting ways or effortless solutions for this issue, reach the HP printer support for instant help.