While installing the HP printer, you want everything wants to be smooth. It is advisable to clean your computer from malware and virus before initiating the installation. But on a few occasions, cleaning doesn’t help, and installation gets interrupted. There is a line of fatal errors which disturb the installation and configuration of HP printers on your system. Here we are putting a light on some of the effective solutions you can try to combat the fatal errors that appear during the HP printer installation. For a detailed guide, you must reach the team of HP printer support.
Solution 1: Deactivate the HP Smart Install:
HP smart install is a built-in tool that is designed to make the installation easier for users. But the latest versions of HP printers do not support this utility and having this can cause the issue while installing your HP printer by affecting the installation of drivers. Also, it can be the cause of “Fatal errors” with your HP laptop.
Consequently, to get rid of the fatal errors with HP printers, follow the below-given steps:
- Go to Setup followed by Service from your printer screen.
- Now go to the HP Smart Install and the Disable this feature.
- Start installing the drivers for your HP printer.
Solution 2: Run Windows Troubleshooter:
The Windows-based device often comes up with a built-in troubleshooter using which you can fix most of the issues occurring with your HP printer. It is best to fix the regular hurdles that can interrupt the installation. To start the troubleshooter, follow the steps given below:
- Go to the Settings and then click the Update and security option
- Open the tab called troubleshooter, in which select “Printer” under the “Get up and running”.
- The troubleshooter will start the diagnostic check and find out the issue which is affecting the installation part.
- Once the scan is complete, you need to apply the recommended changes and fix the issues.
Solution 3: Disconnect and reconnect the printer:
In many odd cases of HP printer installation, disconnecting and reconnecting the printer can do the trick. So, just turn off the printer and disconnect from your system. Wait for a few moments and then connect the printer back using a different USB port.
Solution 4: Remove the printer from the Control panel:
Removing the printer from your Control panel can solve the “Fatal installation error”. After this, you need to remove the printer drivers from your computer. Follow the steps for removing your printer from the Control Panel.
- Open the Control Panel by typing the “control panel” in the Start menu search bar.
- Now, in the Hardware and Sound menu, click View devices and printers.
- Choose your device from HP printer menu, and click on Remove device.
- Restart your computer after removing it.
- Now, press and hold Windows+R and type Printui.exe /s and hit OK.
- The Printer Server properties Window will open.
- Now, click on the Drivers tab and select the printer you want to remove
- Hit the Remove button.
- Choose Remove driver and driver package option and click OK.
After removing the drivers, install a new set of drivers for your printer and complete the installation.
Alternatively, you can contact HP customer support for finding the cause and solution to the problem which is keeping you from completing the HP printer installation. Also, the techies can find and fix the issue by mirroring your computer remotely.