Getting paper jam error message but there is no paper stuck or jam? This is not a very unusual thing as many of other users face the same issue every now and then. This occurs when users give print command. However, errors in HP printers are very normal and come at regular intervals. But if not resolved on time, it can hamper the user experience.
Sometimes, HP printer may display a paper jam without the stuck paper. The printer will continue to show error messages even after cleaning the paper tray properly.
However, it can be a very critical situation for users to deal such issue on your own, at that point of time, the HP printer support number comes as a handy solution. HP printer paper jam error can be resolved with ease. Alternately, you can follow below given top 5 manual solution steps to troubleshoot discussed error.
Clear the paper jam from the input tray
- Hit the Power switch to turn on the printer.
- Detach the power cable from the back side of the printer.
- Now look for the input tray.
- Pull out of the input tray to eliminate the paper jam.
- Check the tray properly and remove any piece, if you found any.
- Now place the printer to its normal position.
- Connect the power cable and turn the printer on.
Clear jammed paper from the output tray
- Turn off the printer and detach the power cable.
- Find the output tray and slightly drag the jammed paper out of the output tray to remove it.
- Try to print.
Clean the paper feed rollers
- Cut off the power cable after turning off the printer.
- Open the input tray
- Discovery the gray paper rollers and clean it carefully with a soft cloth to remove dirt.
- Dry the rollers before placing it back to the printer
- Rewire the printer and reconnect it
- Now try to print again.
Reset the printer
- Turn on the printer
- Remove the power cable from the printer.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Wait for a minute.
- Now plug it back into the wall socket.
- Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
- Now turn the printer on.
- Check if the problem is resolved.
Clean the printer roller
- Take out all the papers from the tray.
- Hit the down arrow to choose Settings and then tap OK.
- Now press the Tools and press OK.
- Choose clean Paper Feed and press OK.
- Wait until the printer stops completely before you continue.
These are the top 5 solutions which mainly used for troubleshooting HP printer paper jam error. However, even applying these steps, the issue still persists, dial HP customer support number. Specialists will quickly figure out the origin of the problem and fix it with excellence. Experts are skilled enough to deal with all type of technical bugs. From Installation of the printer to driver updation, you will get help and guide in least possible time.